Curried Lentil Soup
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 15g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 24g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1# green lentils
- 3 carrots, peeled and in soup-sized discs
- 2 Tsbp. unsalted butter.
- 2 potatoes, peeled and in 1" dice
- 1/2 large white onion, in 1/2" dice
- 2 celery stalks, in soup-sized discs
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1/4 c. Patak's mild curry paste
- Chopped cilantro and sliced lime for garnish
- Rinse and inspect the lentils for any undesirables.
- In a large soup pot, heat the butter on medium and add the onion and potato. Cook until the onions begin to get clear around the edges and the spuds have absorbed some of the butter.
- Add everything but the garnish to the pot, simmer on medium-low for about forty minutes.
- It's done when the lentils are tender.
- Take your stick blender to one side of the pot and blend about half - this makes for a creamier soup.
- Buy the curry paste. It is FAR superior to the powders.
Bucket of Yum http://bucketofyum.com/