A carrot recipe! Just in time for Easter!
Shredded carrot salad is my favorite – remember the one grandma used to make with mayonnaise and raisins? Me, too. This one is a little lighter, with some asian ingredients.
This is pretty quick….as long as you have a Cuisinart.
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 Tbsp. toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. toasted black sesame seeds
- 1/4 c. Clementine Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. clementine juice (the juice of one)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. sweetener (honey, agave syrup, corn syrup)
- 1/3 to 1/2 c. canola oil (or other flavorless oil)
- Mix everything but the oil in a bowl until homogenous. Then, slowly stream in and whisk in the oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- This makes about two cups of dressing - so if you only want enough for the salad, cut it in 1/4.
- Toss everything together. Serve immediately. Will keep in the fridge for a couple days - after that, they carrots start to get soft.