Oh, holy shit ya’ll. I just tried this fantastic cracker recipe from the Oh Dear Bakery blog. Instead of the Italian seasoning, I used a littled dried minced garlic and TJ’s 21 Seasoning Salute, and added some coarse black pepper on top with the salt. These are fast. And addictive. Make at your own risk. I could not stop eating them as I was shooting. Bill said they’re yummy. Well, I’m off to make a whipped cream cheese with lemon zest, dill and shallots to schmear on these fuckers. And to taunt Bill, obviously.
Make these. They’re awesome.
- 1 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 Tbsp TJ’s 21 Season Salute
- ½ tsp. Dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus about a tablespoon for sprinkling on top
- Sea salt and coarse ground black pepper to sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 450*. Throw everything except the sprinkles in the kitchen aid with the paddle. Mix 30 seconds, or until dough forms. Divide in to two balls. Take a sheet of parchment the size your cookie sheet, and roll that dough to about 1/8" keeping it as rectangular as possible. Repeat with the second ball. Drizzle on the last Tbsp of olive oil, sprinkle with the sea salt and the course ground pepper. With a pizza wheel, gently slice each lengthwise to get 6-8 strips. Then take a fork and lightly score the strips about every 1/2" or so.
- Bake 10-ish minutes - they should be golden brown and smell done. When they're cool, break the strips in to cracker-sized chunks.